Let’s try something new. Let’s cut out the middle man shall we? Have you noticed the middle man is what costs us isn’t it? Sometimes they can’t be avoided, but when they can be, things are much cheaper.
So before sharing, commenting, or advocating/objecting to actions this administration (and the many after it) takes, read it yourself. I can not imagine any administration getting agreement from me or you 100% of the time. But we can be educated about what we are supporting or objecting about. Bookmark this site. Don’t let media twist the truth and then feed it to you. Seek knowledge it brings with it wisdom. 😉
I saw a few headlines about orders that really haven’t happened – they are predicting the future and making it sound like the present. And here are some I really couldn’t find any headlines about but might be of interest to some:
- Executive Order Expediting Environmental Reviews and Approvals For High Priority Infrastructure Projects
- streamline and expedite, in a manner consistent with law, environmental reviews and approvals for all infrastructure projects, especially projects that are a high priority for the Nation, such as improving the U.S. electric grid and telecommunications systems and repairing and upgrading critical port facilities, airports, pipelines, bridges, and highways.
- Identification of High Priority Infrastructure Projects
- Presidential Memorandum Regarding Construction of American Pipelines
- all new pipelines, as well as retrofitted, repaired, or expanded pipelines, inside the borders of the United States, including portions of pipelines, use materials and equipment produced in the United States,
- Produced in the United States shall mean … all manufacturing processes for such iron or steel products, from the initial melting stage through the application of coatings, occurred in the United States.
- Presidential Memorandum Streamlining Permitting and Reducing Regulatory Burdens for Domestic Manufacturing
- support the expansion of manufacturing in the United States through expedited reviews of and approvals for proposals to construct or expand manufacturing facilities and through reductions in regulatory burdens affecting domestic manufacturing.
- conduct outreach to stakeholders concerning the impact of Federal regulations on domestic manufacturing and shall solicit comments from the public
- submit a report to the President setting forth a plan to streamline Federal permitting processes
Here’s what the middle man has told you so far and the actual documents.
- “Trump Moves to Advance Keystone XL, Dakota Access Pipelines” “Trump reverses reversal on Dakota Access pipeline” “Trump Signs Orders Advancing Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines”
- “Donald Trump signs executive order defunding International Planned Parenthood” “Donald Trump Signs Anti-Abortion Executive Order Surrounded By Men” “Trump reinstates ban on US funding for abortion overseas”
- Mexico City Policy
- Facts (I couldn’t locate the actual Mexico City Policy):
- A little history lesson about this particular issue: Every Republican President has done this very same thing. Every Democratic President has re-instated it.
- Direct U.S. funding for abortion is already restricted under several provisions that were enacted into U.S. law before the Mexico City Policy.
- “Trump signs order withdrawing from TPP” “Trump Revamps U.S. Trade Focus by Pulling Out of Pacific Deal” “Trump Signs Executive Order Killing Obama’s Legacy Trade Deal”
- Order about the TPP
“it is the intention of my Administration to deal directly with individual countries on a one-on-one (or bilateral) basis in negotiating future trade deals. Trade with other nations is, and always will be, of paramount importance to my Administration and to me, as President of the United States.”
“begin pursuing, wherever possible, bilateral trade negotiations to promote American industry, protect American workers, and raise American wages.”
- All about the TPP
- Order about the TPP
- “Trump signs executive orders on federal hiring freeze” “Trump Issues Executive Orders Freezing Federal Hiring”
- The Order on Hiring Freeze
- “Trump signs ObamaCare executive order” “Trump issues executive order to start rolling back Obamacare” “Trump signs sweeping order that could gut Obamacare”
- The Order about Affordable Care Act – Read it and see if the headlines are valid.
- I could put a link to the actual act, but you probably wouldn’t read it. 🙂
Listening to mainstream media is like playing the telephone game!