I’m not doing this because I am political. I’m doing this because I seek out truth. I am so tired of seeing posts shared which have not been vetted. People, when you share a post without investigation, and it turns out to be a lie, then you have now become a liar. Do you really want to be a liar?
Media shares something and we allow them to play on our emotions with a simple headline. Why? Why do we allow them to control us so??
To be honest, I hesitate to even share this because the official Executive Order hasn’t even been published yet. But there is one source which has posted the Full Executive Order, so I am going out on a limb and hopefully won’t have to be eating my own words. As soon as the official texts comes out, I will link it here and make necessary corrections.
Here is what was actually said in the Executive Order, if you disagree with it, then share the text of the Executive Order and post what you are protesting about it. That is the beauty of Free Speech, Free Will, and Diversity. This way you won’t be a false witness and you won’t be a liar or gossip. You will be truthful and educational. Below, I’ve pulled out some of the actual directives from among the blah blah blah of the Order:
To temporarily reduce investigative burdens on relevant agencies during the review period described in subsection (a) of this section, to ensure the proper review and maximum utilization of available resources for the screening of foreign nationals, and to ensure that adequate standards are established to prevent infiltration by foreign terrorists or criminals, pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a) … I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas).
Suspension is temporary for 90 days. Notice also Trump did not say which countries, he refers to an already existing document which names those countries, prior to his administration. Guess which administration it was written under?
on a case-by-case basis, and when in the national interest, issue visas or other immigration benefits to nationals of countries for which visas and benefits are otherwise blocked.
Notice there is allowance for a case-by-case basis. This goes back to the if you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing thought process. If you are here for valid reasons and have no dark history, everything should be fine.
The Secretary of State shall suspend the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days. … to determine what additional procedures should be taken to ensure that those approved for refugee admission do not pose a threat to the security and welfare of the United States … Refugee applicants who are already in the USRAP process may be admitted upon the initiation and completion of these revised procedures. Upon the date that is 120 days after the date of this order, the Secretary of State shall resume USRAP admissions only for nationals of countries for which the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of National Intelligence have jointly determined that such additional procedures are adequate to ensure the security and welfare of the United States.
Notice this is a 120 day suspension of the Refugee Program, not a termination.
I hereby proclaim that the entry of more than 50,000 refugees in fiscal year 2017 would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I determine that additional admissions would be in the national interest.
Again, this is a suspend … until, not a termination.
to the extent permitted by law, to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual’s country of nationality.
This does not say Christian, and it doesn’t say no Muslims. It simply prioritizes based on religious-based persecution, which at the current time, is a major issue. For those who are Muslim with a nationality from a majoritarian Muslim country, this would mean you are of low priority. For Christians with a nationality from a majority Christian country, this would mean you are of low priority. If you have a nationality from a different country than the one you are trying to leave, you could return to your native country. If you are in your native country and of the majoritarian religion – then why are you being persecuted based on religion?
the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I have determined that sufficient changes have been made to the USRAP to ensure that admission of Syrian refugees is consistent with the national interest.
It says until such a time, not termination.
immediately suspend the Visa Interview Waiver Program and ensure compliance with section 222 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1222, which requires that all individuals seeking a nonimmigrant visa undergo an in-person interview, subject to specific statutory exceptions.
review all nonimmigrant visa reciprocity agreements to ensure that they are, with respect to each visa classification, truly reciprocal insofar as practicable with respect to validity period and fees … if a country does not treat United States nationals seeking nonimmigrant visas in a reciprocal manner, the Secretary of State shall adjust the visa validity period, fee schedule, or other treatment to match the treatment of United States nationals by the foreign country, to the extent practicable.
Sounds fair, no?
To be more transparent with the American people, collect and make publicly available within 180 days, and every 180 days thereafter: … the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been charged with terrorism-related offenses while in the United States … number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been radicalized after entry into the United States and engaged in terrorism-related acts … number and types of acts of gender-based violence against women … immigration status of foreign nationals charged with major offenses
Wow, letting the American people know more, that doesn’t sound so bad now does it?
So how does this line up with the headlines you just shared on Facebook? Did that share make you a liar? If it was one of these, it just might have.
- Trump’s latest executive order: Banning people from 7 countries and more
- Text of Trump Executive Order on Barring Refugees
- Trump order barring refugees, migrants from Muslim countries causes chaos, outrage
- Trumps ban affects all non US-Citizens, including green card holders
- Sorry Folks, America is closed, we have reached our capacity of illegal imagrants! No more free loaders! (notice the spelling error lol)
- Christian Leaders Denounce Trump’s Plan to Favor Christian Immigrants
For Obama supporters or Democrats hating on Trump right now because of his Executive Order you may want to read the Text of H.R 158 the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015. This legislation passed the House of Representatives with a vote of 407-19 and became law as part of the year-end spending bill President Obama signed on December 18, 2015. In part, the Act provided that nationals of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries who have traveled to certain nations of terrorism-related concern – including Syria, Iraq, Iran, and Sudan –after March 1, 2011, would not be eligible for VWP entrance to the United States and would instead have to apply through the regular visa process.
For those of us who are Christian, this is serious stuff for us. Do you know what the Bible says about being liars, gossips, and false witnesses? Here’s just a few for your studies.
- Exodus 23:1-3 “You shall not give a false report; you shall not join hands with the wicked to be a malicious witness [promoting wrong and violence]. 2 You shall not follow a crowd to do [something] evil, nor shall you testify at a trial or in a dispute so as to side with a crowd in order to pervert justice; 3 nor shall you favor or be partial to a poor man in his dispute [simply because he is poor].
- Proverbs 6:16, 19 These six things the Lord hates; Indeed, seven are repulsive to Him:
… 19 A false witness who breathes out lies [even half-truths], And one who spreads discord (rumors) among brothers.
- Proverbs 19:9 A false witness will not go unpunished, And he who breathes lies will perish.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; [d]neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [by perversion], nor [e]those who participate in homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers [whose words are used as weapons to abuse, insult, humiliate, intimidate, or slander], nor swindlers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.
- Revelation 21:1-8 But as for the cowards and unbelieving and abominable [who are devoid of character and personal integrity and practice or tolerate immorality], and murderers, and sorcerers [with intoxicating drugs], and idolaters and occultists [who practice and teach false religions], and all the liars [who knowingly deceive and twist truth], their part will be in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
- What about gossip – have you thought about this? The Bible defines gossip as “Gossips, Whisperers (psithuristēs G5588) = a secret calumniator (charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone, To make hurtful untrue comments about someone (Romans 1:29-32). When we share a post written by someone else, meant to hurt someone else’s reputation, especially without any facts to back it up, we have become gossips. Gossip is listed as something which brings the wrath and judgement of God!
Just because it’s facebook doesn’t make it okay. So just stop!!!
This is why I don’t go on facebook except maybe once a week now. Guess I picked the wrong day to go on this week. 😦